Wood is one of the most valuable, beautiful and renewable natural resources we have on the planet... Be part of it.
Here is a list of featured products which illustrate
the range of work we offer at Dansel Gallery.
1. Pencil holders and pots in playful designs
2. Paperweights in mixed woods
3. Paper clip magnets and note holders
4. Letter openers in natural and coloured woods
5. Albums and picture frames
6. Magnifying glasses in coloured veneers
7. Phone and tablet holders in coloured veneers
8. Letter racks in ripple sycamore and ash
9. Pens in mixed styles and woods
10. Bookends and notepads
Brighten up any desk by bringing natural timbers and coloured veneers into your work place for style and warmth. Practical and unique.
1. Pendants and brooches
1. Pendants and brooches 2
3. Earring and ring stands in a variety of woods
4. A range of natural and coloured wood earrings
5. A range of bracelets with natural wood beads
6. Necklaces made with natural wood beads
7. Bracelets made with coloured wood beads
8. Coloured wood earrings in different designs
9. Necklaces made with coloured wood beads
10. Dressing table mirrors
Jewellery and accessories in all shapes and sizes. Natural or coloured, they are both comfortable and stylish. Bangles and beads, necklaces and brooches
in various woods and styles.
Dansel, Rodden Row, Abbotsbury, Weymouth, DT3 4JL 01305 871515 Open 10am - 5.30pm
1. Marquetry 'shaker style' boxes with maple and oak leaf
2. Panel lid box in ash & oak burr
3. Small boxes in unique shapes and sizes
4. Canyon box
5. Small laser cut boxes
6. 'White cliffs' two tiered jewellery box in sycamore and fumed oak
7. Marquetry garland heart box in elm and idigbo
8. 'Cresent' box in elm and ash
9. Jewellery box in steamed pear, beli and sycamore
10. Collection of miniature boxes in mixed woods
A huge variety of styles and formats to suit any need.
Designs using simple shapes all in a variety of sizes
for different uses. A superb gift idea.
1. Mantel clocks in a variety of woods
2. Small mantel clocks in unique shapes and sizes
3. Unique chicken pendulum
4. Spalted beech wall or mantel clock
5. Large wall clocks in oak and walnut veneer
6. Mantel clock in walnut and chrome
7. Coloured veneer clocks made by resident maker Selwyn Holmes
8. Selection of small mantel clocks in mixed woods
9. Walnut wall clock
10. Wall clock from plywood
We have a variety of clocks in different shapes, woods and sizes. Some are repeated in small batches but different grains makes each one totally individual.
1. Selection of kitchen cutlery with natural and coloured handles
2. Kitchen, string and toilet roll holders in natural and stained oak
3. Spatulas in a range of timbers and designs
4. Variety of coasters in different shapes and woods
5. Wine bottle holders and chrome bottle stoppers in mixed woods
6. A mix of scoops and servers for coffee sugar and salads
7. Knife blocks in mixed woods showing off different skills
8. Bowls turned in different timbers, perfect for salads and serving
9. Salt, Pepper and Nutmeg graters in natural and stained woods
10. Large selection of chopping boards in mixed woods, many in spalted beech
Kitchens form the hub of any house. We have many items that can be used in the kitchen or dining room. Here are just a few examples so why not add a bit of design, quality and nature?
1. Small natural edged bowls in mixed woods
2. Small bowls and platters, simple but stylish
3. Fruit bowls
4. Lattice rim platter in elm
5. Coloured and natural leaf platters
6. Bowl in ash
7. Textured platter in sycamore
8. Stained platter in ash
9. Large ash platter
10. Platter in sycamore with coloured acrylic rim
Extraordinary one-off pieces showing off stunning grain. Enhance any room with a splash of colour or warm your home with natural beauty.
Bowls & Platters
1. Hollow form in holly
2. Variety of hollow forms with natural edges
3. Hollow form in applewood and rosewood
4. Stained hollow form in sycamore
5. Hollow form in spalted sycamore
6. Hollow form in ripple sycamore
7. Hollow form in burr beech with cocobolo lid
8. Hollow vessel is spalted sycamore inlaid with paua shell
9. Small hollow forms in yew and tulipwood
10. Unusual hollow form in grass tree root
Hollow forms are turned and then hollowed out using a special curved chisel, this is done with great skill to ensure the rim is not damaged. We have them in a variety of different woods and designs.
1. Small cat and mouse set carved in ebony
2. Small carved animals in mixed exotic woods
3. Goldcrest on birch leaves in yew
4. Carved swan
5. Carved animals in mixed woods
6. Wren in sycamore
7. Hare in oak
8. Driftwood people
9. Seagull mobile
10. Carved stingrays in natural yew and stained yew with brass inlay
Many of our craftsmen are inspired by nature; incorporating birds, animals and people into their
work. Find something personal and unique that you cannot resist.
Birds, Animals & People
1. Slatted vase in scorched ash
2. Driftwood houses
3. Coloured veneer containers made by resident maker Selwyn Holmes
4. Lattice box in lacewood with blackwood finial
5. Stool in scorched wellingtonia
6. 'Estuary' wall piece in coloured veneers made by resident maker Selwyn Holmes
7. Pendulum wall clock in recycled timbers
8. 'Whirling contemplation' in lime
9. Volcano bowl in mixed woods
10. Yachts in mixed woods
Each and every piece we exhibit is one-off due to
the grain of the wood and it's handmade nature.
This section shows a selection of pieces that are completely individual.
1. Laser cut and mouse bookmarks and animal jotpads
2. Games in mixed woods
3. Box of bricks
4. Unique cars, planes and trucks in mixed woods
6. Variety of trains in natural and coloured woods
7. Push along flappy ducks
8. Pyrographed kennel money boxes
9. Large pyrographed Noah's ark, includes 24 pieces
10. Pyrographed Nativity set
Puzzles to building blocks, cars to animals, games and more. Quality toys and games for education and fun.
1. Toucan on ash base
2. 'All at sea'
3. 'The good bad and the ugly' and 'bathing hut'
4. 'Sheepdog' and 'Bat'
5. 'Kissing tortoises'
6. 'Elephant and mouse'
7. Card kits to cut out and make 'contraband cat' and 'life's a beach'
8. Card kits to cut out and make 'baaden baaden' and 'pigs might fly'
9. 'Evolutionary Blunders'
10. 'Be good to bees', 'tangerine duck' and 'flying present'
An amusing gift for all the family, from paper kits
to wooden automata that surprise and enchant.
1. Fish puzzle in walnut and maple
2. Giraffe puzzle
3. Rocking cat puzzle
4. Rocking Noah's ark puzzle
5. Dragon puzzle
6. Fretsaw alder tree with carved trunk
7. Fretsaw oak tree with carved trunk
8. Stacked owl puzzle
9. Horse puzzle in ash
10. Whale puzzle in walnut and maple
Puzzles for adults and children, showcase an unusual intricate piece in your home.
1. Rocking chair in ash, oak and olive ash
2. Chair in brown oak and ash
3. CD shelves in elm
4. Outside or inside bench in oak
5. Chest of drawers in walnut and sycamore with inlaid lines
6. 'Treescape' round table in mixed timbers
7. Trefoil table in brown oak and ash with a glass top
8. Nest of tables in spalted beech
9. Large landscape cube chest
10. Blanket chest in lacewood, hazel, birchwood and cedar
A changing selection of high quality handmade furniture made from solid wood. Hard wearing and practical, as well as stunningly beautiful.
1. Turned table lamp in ash and mahogony
2. Twisted lamp in ash
3. Turned lamp in plywood
4. Flat bottom lamp in plywood
5. Table lamp in cherry
6. Turned table lamp in spalted beech
7. Double table lamp with veneer shades
8. Teardrop table lamp in spalted elm
9. Nautilus lamp in sycamore
10. Table lamp in spalted beech
Transform your home with unique lamps in all shapes and sizes. Here are examples of the styles we exhibit however we have many different woods on offer. We also showcase standard lamps as well as table lamps.
1. Large square wall mirror in zebrano
2. Fretsaw oak leaf mirror in oak
3. Leaf marquetry mirror in mixed woods
4. Natural edged elm wall mirror
5. Triangle mirror in sycamore and sapele
6. Mirror stained blue and orange
7. 'Harvest' marquetry mirror
8. Puffin mirror
9. Small wall mirror in purple stained ripple sycamore
10. Wall mirror in massur birch
We exhibit a collection of unique mirrors in all shapes and sizes. This is a small selection showing different designs and timbers.
1. Hen harrier made by intarsia
2. Pied wagtail fretsaw panel
3. Dorset woodland sunbeams, pyrography and oil paints
by resident maker, Tilia Holmes
4. The silver birches in ply
5. Beech hedge barrow in pine
6. Painted textured driftwood fish
7. Dorset hills under snow in lime
7. Abstract in coloured sycamore and birch veneers
by resident maker, Selwyn Holmes
9. Coloured veneer 'spirit plaques' made by resident maker, Selwyn Holmes
10. Coloured veneer plaque made by resident maker, Selwyn Holmes
We have many different wall pieces, this small selection shows the variety of styles and skills
1. Turned mushrooms and seashells in mixed woods
2. Large solitaire in olive ash, with 32 turned balls in different woods
3. Small tea-lights in different styles and woods
4. Individual fruit in mixed woods
5. Cord pulls in different woods and styles
6. Coloured and natural tulips, daffodils and daisies
7. Red tulip display
7. Tactile pebbles in different woods
9. Individual small and large acorns
10. Key-rings in numerous different styles and woods
A section for all the beautiful handmade work
that could not be categorised, a little something